- Thursday, November 20, 2014, 10:00 am: Women’s Brunch at Corner Bakery Cafe, 3375 El Camino Real, Palo Alto. All women of our church community are invited to join
- Thursday, November 20, 7:30 pm: Church Choir in the Parlor. Come and lift your voice in song. All are welcome.
- Friday, November 21, 2014, 6:00 pm: Gratitude Potluck for folk of all ages in the Fellowship Hall. Join us for an intergenerational potluck dinner and celebration of all for which we have to be grateful. Bring a dish to share. You may also bring turkeys and canned food for Ecumenical Hunger Program that evening. Invite a friend, family member, colleague, neighbor or stranger to join us in this time of celebration!
- Sunday, November 23, 2014: Stewardship Sunday
10:00 AM Worship and Sunday School:
“Stories That Shape Us” Pastor Rick preaching. You encouraged to bring your completed pledge form for the 2015 budget.
11:30 AM: Hanging of the Greens We will decorate the church for the Advent to Epiphany season. There will be activities for all ages. Coffee, juice, fruit, doughnuts for extra enticement. Help make our Advent to Epiphany Worship a warm and colorful reality.
- Monday, November 24, 2014: Deadline for December Spire
- Tuesday, November 25, 2014: Bible Study at the Terraces of Los Altos at Janet Maxwell’s apartment. The address is 373 Pine Lane, #2106, Los Altos. Let Pastor Rick know if you need a ride.
- Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 7:30 pm: Interfaith Thanksgiving Service at St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church, 4111 Alma Street, Palo Alto. “Sharing the Land: with Compassion and without Fear.” An offering will be taken for Community Legal Services and Doctors without Borders. Non-perishable food items for local food closets are also welcome.
- THURSDAY AND FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 27 AND 28, Thanksgiving Holiday, church office closed.
- FIRST SUNDAY IN ADVENT, NOVEMBER 30, 10:00 AM, Worship and Sunday School: “Alive in the Adventure of Jesus: Promised Land, Promised Time” Pastor Rick preaching. 11:30 AM, Adult Spiritual Formation, Be Born in Us Today, a three 3 week series of Advent reflection based on a verse from Phillips Brooks’s carol, Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem