- NO Church Choir this week; rehearsals resume on November 19.
- Sunday, November 15, 2015: 25th Sunday after Pentecost
10:00 AM: Worship and Sunday School
“Future Hope,” Mark 13:1-8, Rick Mixon preaching.11:30 AM- 1:00 PM: Love Came Down- Advent Planning Workshop
Pastors Rick and Gregory will lead the congregation in a process of planning this for year’s Advent/Christmas worship. Everyone of every age is encouraged to participate in this opportunity to make the sacred season even more meaningful for your sharing
- Tuesday, November 17, 10:30 AM: Bible Study at Marylea McLean’s apartment, 373 Pine Lane, #4204, Los Altos.
- Tuesday, November 17, 2015, 2:30 PM: Meditation Group led by Charlotte Jackson at Thelma Parodi’s house, 543 South El Monte Avenue, Los Altos.
- Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 8:30 AM: Men’s Breakfast at Palo Alto Breakfast House, 2706 Middlefield, Palo Alto. All the men from our Church family are welcome.
- Thursday, November 19, 2015, 12:00 Noon: Senior Connections Book Club at First Baptist Church. We will continue our discussion of When I Was a Child I Read Books, a collection of essays by Pulitzer prize-winning author, Marilynne Robinson. We will also choose a new book for our December meeting. Bring a bag lunch, beverage will be provided. Invite your friends and neighbors.
- Sunday, November 22, 2015: Reign of Christ Sunday
10:30 AM: Worship and Sunday School
Rick Mixon, Preaching
11:30 AM: Gratitude Dinner for folk of all ages in the Fellowship Hall. Join us for an intergenerational potluck dinner and celebration of all for which we are grateful. Bring a dish to share. Invite a friend, family member, colleague, neighbor or stranger to join us in this time of celebration!
- Sunday, November 22, 2015, 7:00 PM: The Blessings of Water. Annual Palo Alto Interfaith Thanksgiving Service. Featuring the Gordon Stewart Peninsula Trombone Choir, Storytellers, Leaders from Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist and Hindu Faith Communities, and dancers from many cultures. Congregation Etz Chayim, 4161 Alma, Palo Alto.