- Thursday, November 19, 2015, 12:00 Noon: Senior Connections Book Club at First Baptist Church. We will continue our discussion of When I Was a Child I Read Books, a collection of essays by Pulitzer prize-winning author, Marilynne Robinson. We will also choose a new book for our December meeting. Bring a bag lunch, beverage will be provided. Invite your friends and neighbors.
- Thursday, November 19, 2015, 5:00 PM: Church Council meeting in the Parlor.
- Thursday, November 19, 2015, 7:30 PM: Choir Rehearsal in the Parlor. Come for the music, fun and fellowship. Lift your voice in joyful song! All are welcome.
- Sunday, November 22, 2015: Reign of Christ Sunday
10:30 AM: Worship and Sunday School
Rick Mixon, Preaching
11:30 AM: Gratitude Dinner for folk of all ages in the Fellowship Hall. Join us for an intergenerational potluck dinner and celebration of all for which we are grateful. Bring a dish to share. Invite a friend, family member, colleague, neighbor or stranger to join us in this time of celebration!
- Sunday, November 22, 2015, 7:00 PM: The Blessings of Water. Annual Palo Alto Interfaith Thanksgiving Service. Featuring the Gordon Stewart Peninsula Trombone Choir, Storytellers, Leaders from Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist and Hindu Faith Communities, and dancers from many cultures. Congregation Etz Chayim, 4161 Alma, Palo Alto.
- Tuesday, November 24, 10:30 AM: Bible Study at Marylea McLean’s apartment, 373 Pine Lane, #4204, Los Altos.
- Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 2:30 PM: Meditation Group led by Charlotte Jackson at Thelma Parodi’s house, 543 South El Monte Avenue, Los Altos.
- Sunday, November 29, 2015, First Sunday of Advent
10:00 AM: Worship and Sunday School
“Advent Hope,” Psalm 25:1-10, Rick Mixon preaching.
11:30 AM: Hanging of the Greens
We will decorate the church for the Advent to Epiphany season. There will be activities for all ages. Partake of refreshments and help make our Advent to Epiphany Worship a warm and colorful reality.