- Thursday, March 3, 7:30 PM: Church Choir in the Parlor. Join us in joyful song in the new year.
- Friday, March 4, 1:00 PM: Congregational Life Team in the Parlor
- Sunday, March 6: Fourth Sunday of Lent
10:30 AM: Worship for the whole family and Communion
“Blinded to See,” Psalm 146, Acts 9: 19, 17-21, Greg Griffey, preaching
11:30 AM: Adult Spiritual Formation:Learning to Walk in the Dark. We will continue a conversation about Barbara Brown Taylor’s book as part of our Lenten focus. Copies are available in the library.
- Tuesday, March 8, 10:30 AM: Bible Study at Marylea McLean’s apartment, 373 Pine Lane, #4204, Los Altos.
- Tuesday, March 8, 12:00 Noon: Prime Timers: Concert featuring the Justin Rock Trio playing jazz standards. Bring a brown bag lunch and baked goods or fruit to share.
- Wednesday, March 9, 10:30 AM: Meditation Group at Thelma Parodi’s house. All are welcome.
- Sunday, March 13: Fifth Sunday of Lent
10:30 AM: Worship for the whole family
“Blessing of Darkness and Defeat,” Genesis 15: 1-18, Rick Mixon preaching.
11:30 AM: Adult Spiritual Formation: Saving Jesus Redux: Who Was Jesus? We will continue our discussion of this video series.
12:45 PM: Lunch Bunch: place to be determined. Please let Melanie Ramirez or Alan Plessinger know if you plan to attend.
- Wednesday, March 16, 12:00 Noon: Baptists Lunching Together, featuring Allison Tanner and Louann Roberts reporting on the “Space for Grace” conference last November in Los Angeles. Grand Lake Gardens, 401 Santa Clara Avenue, Oakland. $10.00 for lunch. RSVP to Joan Thatcher, (510) 350-7008, by February 15.
- Thursday, March 17, 12:00 noon: Senior Connections Book Group Our book is Into the Magic Shop: A Neurosurgeon’s Quest to Discover the Mysteries of the Brain and the Secrets of the Heart by James R. Doty MD. Growing up in the high desert of California, Jim Doty was poor, with an alcoholic father and a mother chronically depressed and paralyzed by a stroke. Today he is the director of the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education (CCARE) at Stanford University. Brown Bag Lunch (beverage will be provided).