- Wednesday, March 16, 8:30 AM: Men’s Breakfast at Palo Alto Breakfast House, 2706 Middlefield, Palo Alto. All the men from our Church family are welcome.
- Wednesday, March 16, 10:30 AM: Meditation Group at Thelma Parodi’s house. All are welcome.
- Wednesday, March 16, 12:00 Noon: Baptists Lunching Together, featuring Allison Tanner and Louann Roberts reporting on the “Space for Grace” conference last November in Los Angeles. Grand Lake Gardens, 401 Santa Clara Avenue, Oakland. $10.00 for lunch. RSVP to Joan Thatcher, (510) 350-7008, by February 15.
- Thursday, March 17, 1:00 PM: Senior Connections Book Group Our book is Into the Magic Shop: A Neurosurgeon’s Quest to Discover the Mysteries of the Brain and the Secrets of the Heart by James R. Doty MD. Growing up in the high desert of California, Jim Doty was poor, with an alcoholic father and a mother chronically depressed and paralyzed by a stroke. Today he is the director of the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education (CCARE) at Stanford University. Brown Bag Lunch (beverage will be provided).
- Thursday, March 17, 7:30 PM: Church Choir in the Parlor. Join us as we prepare for a joyous Easter Sunday.
- Sunday, March 20: Palm/Passion Sunday
10:00 AM: Worship for the Whole Family:
“Twilight Zone,” Luke 19:28-40, Rick Mixon preaching.
11:30 AM: Adult Spiritual Formation: Saving Jesus Redux: Who Was Jesus? We will continue our discussion of this video series.
- Tuesday, March 22, 10:30 AM: Bible Study at Marylea McLean’s apartment, 373 Pine Lane, #4204, Los Altos.
- Thursday, March 24, 11:30 AM: Women’s Brunch at Dinah’s Poolside Restaurant, 4261 El Camino Real, Palo Alto. All women of our church community are invited to join in.
- Thursday, March 24, 6:00 PM: Maundy Thursday Soup supper and communion for the whole family in the Fellowship Hall.
- Friday, March 25: Spire Deadline
- Saturday, March 26, 10:00 AM: Setup for Easter in the Fellowship Hall.
- Sunday, March 27: Easter Sunday
10:00 AM: Worship for the Whole Family
“Resurrection in the Dark,” John 20:1-18, Rick Mixon preaching. The service will include the annual creation of a flowering cross. Everyone is invited to bring flowers to share in the creation.
11:15 AM: Easter Egg Hunt and Brunch We will hold an egg hunt for children immediately after the worship service and then gather in the Fellowship Hall for brunch. Please bring finger food to share.