- Wednesday, April 20, 8:30 AM: Men’s Breakfast at Palo Alto Breakfast House, 2706 Middlefield, Palo Alto. All the men from our Church family are welcome.
- Wednesday, April 20, 12:00 noon: Baptists Lunching Together featuring Don Ng, retired pastor, First Chinese Baptist, San Francisco and immediate past President of the ABC-USA, speaking on Baptist colleges and hospitals in Nagaland (northern India,) which he and his family visited in February, Grand Lake Gardens, 401 Santa Clara Avenue, Oakland. $10.00 for lunch. RSVP to Joan Thatcher, (510) 350-7008, by April 18.
- Thursday, April 21, 12:00 noon: Senior Connections Book Group in the church Parlor. This month we will be reading and discussing A Climate of Crisis: America in the Age of Environmentalism, by Patrick Allitt. Brown Bag Lunch (beverage will be provided).
- Thursday, April 21, 7:30 PM: Church Choir in the Parlor. Join us in the joy of making music together.
- Sunday, April 24- Fifth Sunday in Easter
10:00 AM: Worship and Sunday School
“Earth Month: The Good Earth,” Psalm 19:1-6; 121, Isaiah 55:1-13; 65:17-25. Rick Mixon preaching.
11:30 AM: Adult Spiritual Formation: “Learning to Love Creation,” a four part series. This Sunday will feature Elise Willis, arborist for the city of Palo Alto and former student of Pastor Gregory in Florida.
- Sunday, April 24, 12:30 PM: Church Finance Committee in the Church Parlor.
- Monday, April 25: SPIRE deadline
- Tuesday, April 26, 10:30 AM: Bible Study at Marylea McLean’s apartment, 373 Pine Lane, #4204, Los Altos.
- Wednesday, April 27, 10:30 AM: Meditation Group at Thelma Parodi’s house, 543 South El Monte Avenue, Los Altos. All are welcome.
- Wednesday, April 27, 7:00 – 8:30 PM: Eco Education Film Night in the Youth Room. The Magical Forest. This BBC film explores our mysteriously interconnected world: why does the lynx need a caterpillar, why does the tree need the fish and why does truffle fungus need flying squirrels? Connections like these form the planet’s great ecosystems and are what keep all of life thriving into the future. As we close out Earth Month celebrating the Divine in every corner of creation may we watch, learn, and discuss together the magically interconnected lungs of Earth, the forests! Come hungry for popcorn.
- Thursday, April 28, 11:30 AM: Women’s Brunch at Dinah’s Poolside Restaurant, 4261 El Camino Real, Palo Alto. All women of our church community are invited to join in.
- Sunday, May 1, Sixth Sunday in Easter
10:30 AM: Worship for the whole family with communion
“Blessed Are the Peacemakers,” Rick Mixon, preaching
11:30 AM: Quarterly Business Meeting in the Parlor