Our Joys and Concerns for this week include:
- Carolyn Shepard for a trip that she and Steven made this week to Point Reyes to celebrate the historical recognition of Drake’s landing in 1569; the coming of the Spaniards in 1700s; and the life and culture of the Miwok natives
- Doug Lee for the visit of a friend from China who worshiped with us
- Melanie Ramirez for dinner with her mother and brother; for an upcoming visit with her dad when Daniel plays his last band competition this Saturday
- Chip Clark for a fundraising activity for the Movember Foundation he will participating in this November for men’s health
- Laurie Cudworth for her niece, Debbie, who is having surgery; for father, Jack, recovering from surgery and for her mother who is living with cancer
- Pastor Rick for Hugh Satterlee who has been hospitalized at Kaiser in Redwood City; for Thelma Parodi who is in the health unit at the Terraces; for the family and friends of Nedra Hathaway (mother of Karen Hopkins and mother-in-law of Jim) who died this week in Oakland
- For wisdom and civility in this election cycle in the USA
Each Tuesday through November 8, American Baptist Home Mission Societies (see firstname.lastname@example.org) is inviting us please to pray regarding the following themes:
- Tuesday, Oct. 4 — “decency,” or polite, moral and honest behavior and attitudes that show respect for other people.
- Tuesday, Oct. 11 — “understanding,” or the knowledge and ability required to make reasoned judgements about particular situations or subjects.
- Tuesday, Oct. 18 — “wisdom,” or the insight necessary to consider candidates’ rhetoric and positions and make sense of comparing them.
- Tuesday, Oct. 25 — “prudence,” or the application of careful good judgement when considering candidates’ platforms, positions and behavior.
- Tuesday, Nov. 1 — “discernment,” or the ability to look at different perspectives with clear-minded objectivity to determine solutions focused on fairness and justice.
- Tuesday, Nov. 8 — “courage,” or the ability to see things in a new way, consequently considering a choice or action different from one previously decided.